Maintaining Your Transmission
Why should we service automatic transmissions?
- They are complex assemblies. They incorporate gears, shafts, pumps, precision valves, solenoids (electric valves) and many other precision components.
- Transmissions are expensive.
- Driving habits and use varies.
- We tend to keep our vehicles longer. 100,000 miles was very high mileage in early years. Today's vehicles last much longer and 200,00-300,000 service life is normal now.
- We drive more miles per year then we did 20 years ago! We are a society "on the go!"